Other Ways to
Make a Difference
Together we can change lives.
You can support the individuals and families we serve in many ways. To learn more about an option below call 401-831-9866.
Event Donations & Sponsors
We rely on companies, organizations and individuals for sponsorships, auction items and raffle prizes for our events throughout the year. Currently we're seeking sponsors for our fall fundraiser: The Olawnpics. Interested? Please call Jessica Salter at 401-272-0220 x 210 or email her at email@example.com .
We welcome private fundraisers for our programs and services, from our Soup Kitchen to Mother-Child Reunification Program. Each year, individuals raise thousands of dollars for the Amos House community by giving their party a mission. Host a Red Sox, Patriots or Celtics Game Party! Turn your birthday or anniversary celebration into an event with great impact. Host a benefit Amos House event, at your own home or location of your choice, with proceeds going to the Amos House program or services of your choice. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jessica at 401-272-0220 x210 for details on how to arrange a private fundraiser.
Whether personal care items, food or a pair of winter gloves, your in-kind donation means so much. Each year, Amos House distributes over 15,000 hygiene packets and emergency personal items to the community.
We have several needs for individuals and families in our programs, as well as ongoing needs in social services and in our soup kitchen. Please note that in-kind donations are only accepted by appointment. Let us know if you can help with any of the following donation items or would like to schedule a drop-off.
- Gently used or new single and double strollers
- Standard-sized new pillows for residential program beds
- Gently used or new standard-sized pillow cases (they do not need to match)
- Twin size fitted and flat sheets, either new or gently used
- Donations of multiple copies of books (12 is ideal) for our newly-formed book club for residents in our programs
- Hygiene items—full sized shampoo, toothbrushes, toothpaste, shaving crème, razors, female protection products, soap (bars and liquid)
- Rolls of toilet paper and paper towels
- Laundry detergent
- All sizes of diapers
- Baby Formula
- First Aid Kit items
- Tickets to Movies or Events at Convention Center
- Sterlite containers with lids
- Arts and Crafts supplies
- Journal notebooks
- Sets of Kitchen dishes, forks, spoons, butter knives
- Large tins of Coffee, ground for brewing
- Large cans of tomato sauce
- Cans of Tuna
- Boxes of Pasta
- Beans of any kind
Support Our Businesses
When you hire More Than a Meal Catering or purchase a bag of Bristol Harbor Homemade Baking Mix, you receive a quality product while generating income for our job training programs and offering valuable job training for our students. Consider how something as simple as an afternoon lunch or weekend brunch can have real impact.
Interested in giving your time? Volunteer in our soup kitchen! For more info click here.